Are allergies the reason behind your itchy or sore eyes?
If you have eye-related symptoms there is not a
one-size-fits-all approach. There are many factors that go into finding the right treatment. The most important can be seeing your eye doctor. During your appointment, it is important to tell your doctor about your symptoms. Your eye doctor may suggest changes in your daily routine or prescribe a medicine to treat your symptoms.
You can help yourself by:
- Limiting contact with things in the air that may be making your symptoms worse, like pollen or dust
(keeping the windows closed during the worst seasons)
- Rinsing your eyes after being outside to make sure your symptoms don’t get worse
Contact lens wearers should make sure to:
- Limit wearing time
- Replace lenses as your eye doctor recommends
- Care for lenses as instructed and do not change your contact lens solution without talking with your eye doctor
- Enjoy the seasons, don’t suffer through them. Talk to your eye doctor today and say goodbye to eye allergy symptoms — and enjoy your time outside.